For International Student – What will you need to know to apply:
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
• A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program’s Admission Requirements
• Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 570 for the paper-based test (PBT), or 88 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years
• International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
• Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70 with no score less than 60 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
1. All documents must be in WORD, PDF, TIFF or JPEG format.
2. For ESL & Diploma Programs: provide certified high school transcripts and graduation certificate (scanned copy) in English and copies of the original documents.
3. For Graduate Programs: provide certified high school transcripts and graduation certificate, university transcripts and graduation certificate (scanned copies) in English and copies of the original documents.
4. If English is not your first language, provide TOEFL or IELTS scores. Results must be within the last 24 months. (scanned copy. IELTS score of average of 6.0 is preferred. If the score is 5.5, we offer ESL Bridging program
5. Application Deposit: A $100 CAD Application Deposit is required to process your application. This fee is non-refundable. You can pay this through our Paypal account.
6. Payment Options:
1. Have your credit card information ready
2. Make sure your card can be used for international transactions. Check with your bank if you are uncertain.
3. Make sure the amount to be paid does not exceed the credit card limit.
It will take approximately 10 days for the funds to arrive at MLC College. We will begin processing your application, once the funds have been received.